Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New South Park = New Mookie

Got my new flatscreen Plasma TV staring me at the face with nothing but the best programming for it. Brand new South Park is on tonite... after last weeks episode of "Guitar Queer-O" ...I was a little unsatisfied. It had so much potential but fell short.


Glad I missed the first hand, it would have cost me a few chips as the hammer would have hurt a little.







Started off hot out of the gates. 4th hand of the tourney I am second to act with AQ off... obviously not strong in my position, but it's early in the tourney and I can get away with losing a few chips if I miss. I come in with a standard 3x and make it 90, Kajagugu sits to my left and makes it 210. All folds to me and I think about before making the call. It's either AK or PP... I elect to see the flop and go from there... again... it's early.

Quote of South Park, Cartman: "Come on Kenny, girls don't wanna eat poptarts for dinner every night."




Flop comes KT5, all spades... i'm holding the A of spades. If Kajagugu had a PP, he may let it go unless it's QQ or JJ with a spade. I lead out the betting with about 3/4 pot bet. Kaja flat calls. Turn brings the A of diamonds. Now I'm only hoping it was the PP because if it was AK, i'm not drawing to the spade. I lead out 700 into about a 1K pot and Kaja just calls again. Now I have to think he has a big hand and is just waiting for the river to make a push. Problem is that the Q of spades hits the river. I got 2nd nuts to the J9 straight flush... but I can't put him on calling off all those chips with just a gutshot str8 flush draw. I put in another 700 hoping for a reraise with anything strong, but he flat calls with AK and I take it down.





I had Kaja's number again in a small blind vs big blind hand. I flop a boat. Check. Turn Quads. Check. The river brings an Ace and I just put out 150 into a 100 chip pot hoping he comes over the top. He just flat calls with the Ace and saves himself a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to Geico.






I got very aggressive on a drawing hand and it never came. Roguejo flopped a set and didn't think twice about calling the all in at the river when the diamond flush came. Man... I wish I was pushing diamonds and not hearts.





I didn't feel like going broke with no kicker into this pot. Buttom limped, small blind limped, I check. I bet the pot at the flop and oakman42 immediately pushes all in. He could have had anything... AK, AA, 23... it didn't matter... I wasn't risking everything on top pair no kicker. I get my money back next hand with AK in the small with an all in preflop and no callers.








I get to the break very low on the food chain.... nothing spectacular to blog. Only notable mark for me is that the chip leader is still less than 10k... so no one is pulling away with this one. Hopefully I can double up and fight for some player points.






I got a case of the pushies to get some blinds back... I take down 2 in a row and then look down at AsQs UTG.... and I fold.... ?? I had a bad feeling. There was a raise behind me and a call... flop comes with an ace... there's a bet and a reraise. I'm thinking if I played I would be drawing to a Queen... whether someone had AK or 2 pair... I had a bad feeling nonetheless and walked away.






At this point I'm just hoping to have a winning all-in... cards are almost meaningless. I have 1800 and the blinds are 80/160. less than 10 orbits... I get AcQc and peacecorn raises up again preflop sitting 3 to my right... I am on the small and push all in... peace tanks and lays it down again. I have a feeling if I push against him again, I am going to get a call with any mediocre hand.






Blinds have bumped, 100/200 and I'm only sitting on 2200. It's about that time. Other players have gotten the pushies as well... Worst hand turn over for an all in was AQ though... so I have to be picky if I want to go in late position.. early position really doesn't matter...because at least they have to make the decision to play.






88 was the hand... Jestocost limped in for 200 in midposition and I'm on the button with 1900. 500 in the pot already and I'm ok with just taking down the blinds, maybe racing for a double up. I push, folds around to Jesto who makes the call with Dueces. OK! Double me up!





I come over the top of Jesto again... he raises up to 720 in MP again, I'm on the button with AJ. Not a hand I'd be proud to go out on... but I push all in hoping that our last hand is still fresh in his mind. He clocks and lays it down.


We are more than halfway through the field at this point. I'm shocked to see i'm in the 30's with more than 50 players left. I haven't really played any hands post flop since my miss with the flush draw.

I pass around a few hands and get 77 in MP. Alas... I put in a 5x raise up to 1500. Peacecorn comes over the top all in from the blinds and I'm just hoping to be in a race to two overs. I was. The 77 holds.


Tourney is moving along pretty fast... we are down to 43 already and I'm 28th with 6100. Jestocost is getting aggressive with his 3x raises preflop to everyone elses tight play. I wouldn't mind getting into another hand with him, but 10 hi each time around isn't gonna do it.



We come back from the break and I'm at a new table. I got "doc" (jeciimd) to my right and snakster across the table. Doc pushes all in on the lil blind against me and I lay down. I have a feeling this may go on each time around but the very next hand doc gets into it with ScottMc. Unlucky there doc.



I am sitting with 44oo, 30/32. Blinds are 250/500 with an ante of 50. 1150 in the pot before any action... which means it's push or go away time. I lay down the hammer when Scott raises half my stack.



My only saving grace is that I have players in position 29/31/32 sitting to my immediate right and left. Which means as long as I don't get coolered, I have a chance at doubling up thru one of the other small stacks. So far, no love. All the action was raised preflop and 7 hi isnt' gonna do it.



I get Kd9d in mp and decide to press my luck. I press and get lucky.











I get AK UTG and bet 4x with no callers. I show.



I get AK again in the cutoff. I raise to 22o0 and Julkeus pushes all in for 2500. I insta-call. He shows 1010 and I lose the race. Not too painful.



I get AA a few hands later UTG again... I make a 3x raise preflop and get no callers.... damn position.



We get into the points and i'm sitting 20/28. Just truckin' along.



Blinds are 300/600 with 75 ante. 1575 in the pot preflop... looking very attractive. I have 8500, so one or two pot steals and I get into the top 50% in chips... hopefully to grind out some more points and look for a double up/steal spot.



I think my rush was over... AK, AK, and AA. Guess I have to play now. Joy Joy.



Blinds up to 400/800 with 100 chip ante. 2k in the pot preflop... that's 25% of my stack. Only one player over 15k so I'm assuming there's 1 theory at the table. Every hand could be an all in.



I didn't even realize that we were getting close to the money. I get JJ in mp and just push. I take it down preflop to win 2k. I'll take it.



I hesitate too long on a suited A4. I should have laid it down when I started debating it.



BuddyDank was to my left and I gave him a walk when he was down to 3500 or so. I only had J8 suited, but I didn't feel like limping and having to fold to his all in, and I wasn't going to risk being greedy with J hi. It was a mistake. He takes down that walk, then takes down the next hand and is almost dead even in chips to me. I get the A4 of spades and I tank a push. I make the wrong decision and push and Buddy sits on AJ. I had chop possibilities after the turn, but no love. No beepbeep.


My aggression was misplaced this tourney, no doubt about that. I get into the BB with no chips left and am in a showdown with the lil blind. Even a win just buys me a few more hands so I would be all in over the next few hands pretty much regardless.


Not sure if I'll be around to defend my title at the RPT tomorrow night (#30641953). We'll see how the schedule shakes out.


Gotta start working on another strong showing next week. Gotta keep up the points.


BeepBeep.




No comments: