Thursday, November 22, 2007

Just sickening sometimes...

Late night Thanksgiving Thursday home game is played every year with about 20 people. This year only 5 showed up... not sure what happened but it doesn't matter.

We play a $20 sng tourney to just get our fix in and head home... 75/25 1st/2nd. fun fun

I know all the players, so as long as I don't get sucked into a decent hand against an aggressive player and get unlucky, I can cash out with enough to cover gas money, hopefully more.

Needless to say, I am the unluckiest person I know.

2500 chips to start, I'm up to 3200 early and just watch the fireworks around me. I flop 2 flushes and get paid about 400 on each because of the aggressive players pushing the flop, but they weren't strong flushes, so I raised the turn each time and they went away from their hands.

I sit back and watch 2 players bust pretty quick. We are 3 handed and one player is big stack, the other is short stack. I get heads up in a hand with the big stack as he limps into my big blind. I have 3c4c and the flop comes 3s3h9c. check check. Turn brings Qh. check check. River is Kh. Big stach bets the minimum of 200. I look at the board, any 2 hearts, J10, and pretty much any 3 beats me. I have a terrible feeling and I just flat call.

He turns over KK. Fuck me.

Talk about losing the bare minimum. I asked that if I pushed any bet, what would he do... he said it was a check-raise after any bet I made. No matter what happens, I lose this hand. Thankfully I only lost an extra big blind and don't bust out in 3rd and get no money. Short stack still has 900 to my 2400, to the big stack's 9200.

2 hands later.

I am button with KQ offsuit... little blind has 550 left and I want him in the hand... I'll play my KQ for another 300 for an all in to try and knock him out. He ends up limping, BB bigstack checks.

Flop KJ10.

short stack checks, big stack bets 300, ... i can't imagine any terrible card that will slow me down on the turn, so I call with the hopes that my call entices short stack to get in.

I'm right. He thinks then pushes his 450 all in, big stack calls, I call just hoping to not see a Q on the turn.

Turn is 7. Big stack checks, I push all in to go heads up against the small stack. Big stack calls.

I turn over my KQ. Big stack has J7 (fuck me again and his 5 outter).

I still feel OK because if the big stack takes it all down, I take 2nd still...

Short stack shows 6 9. So, he has no pair, and is double gutted for the straight (Q or 8), but I have one of his queens. 7 outter.

BOOOOOOM!!!! 8Ball on the river and I leave the table just laughing.

Can someone calculate those for me.... 2 outter, 5 outter, 7 outter all in 2 hands in a row I play.

I am too smart for my own good. If I didn't want to get paid, I push all in at the flop and take it down, but only get 2 big blinds for my best hand.

What's an idiot to do.

unbeepbeep

No comments: