Thursday, November 8, 2007

Comcast is out to get me...

Mookie or Bust…

Following my 6th place finish in the MATH after my internet connection debacle I’m firing away at the Mookie tonite to hopefully make a deep run to continue my weekly points accumulation. My two goals are to 1) win my seat for the Aussie Millions promo, or 2) win the weekly points total for my buy-in to the Sunday FTP Guarantee tourney.

I don’t have much luck in the Mookie so I’m not really shooting for that #1 spot, so my real goal is just to grind out and make the moves necessary to give myself a chance for a final table.

I got picked as a horse from Riggstad in the Hoyse Race… $20 bones/head, pick 4 horses, take top 3 cumulative pts, winner take all. Looks like 10 people in this Race so the pot is $200… hope I can give Riggstad two Race wins in a row and peel off my fee to cover my buyin for the tourney…we’ll see how it shapes out.

Started off well, dealt AA and QQ in the first 3 orbits, won them both before the turn but I got some good value from them preflop. Hoping not to recreate the disaster with Kajagugu and his 89s vs my AA on the bubble of last weeks tourney. I went from 4th to bubble (19th) in a tourney I was just playing extremely well. Gotta jump back on the bike though, can’t dwell on bad beats, right?

About 45 minutes into the tourney, I’m at 3655 and surflexus is at 1740. I get KK on the big. Kaellinn18 raises up 3x to 180 with smooth calls from killinkegz and surflexus. I make it 800 to go with my only fear being Kaellinn18… if he has AA… gg japan. If he lets it go, I know I got the goods for the other 2. Kaellinn lets it go, Kegz lays down, surflexus tanks for 6 seconds and pushes all in for his 1700 with snowmen. I insta-call and after the flop I insta-lose. Surf bangs his 8 and I continue my unlucky run being a 4:1 favorite. In Surf’s defense, he was playing in the FTOPS and did justify that it was double up or concentrate on FTOPS. Not a problem there. But Kaellinn18 defended the play saying that he was short-stacked. Come on. 30-60 blinds.. 1700 in chips.. and short-stacked? Having less chips than everyone and short-stacked are two completely different things. So be it, another play, another day.



So now I sit with 1700 after the break… blinds 60/120… short-stacked. Lol. I have a girlfriend asleep on the couch and Finding Nemo in the background. “Haha… you’re a clown fish. Tell me a joke.“

I just passed through the blinds and saw the whole orbit with 8 hi… that was fun. Not even a Hammer to push with and have an excuse when I bust out. Got down to 1200 and debated an all in with AJ… Katitude has around 1800 and was short stacked too and raised to 480 before me… but I got nothing else to play… I push.. and Kat folds… didn’t see that coming.


Few hands later I got 88 utg and hope to buy a round of blinds. I push, I win. It’s normally in this scenario when I run into QJ or A8 and get smoked.



My problem is now, when and if I do wake up to a hand… I probably won’t be getting respect because my range of hands has widened w/o a showdown in the last 30 minutes. So I probably won’t get anyone to lay down 2nd tier cards from here on out unless I get moved or double up again.

I have a chance to pick up about 1200 when Kat announces she’s all in next hand regardless. All folds to her and she makes the move she said she was going to do. I have nothing but K6, but I can’t believe that she has that beat going all in blind… I only have the blinds behind me but I decide to lay it down. Mike_Maloney makes the call and shows 66 to Kat’s QJo. Flop of A67 and Kat is pretty much dead. My question to myself.. .and who knows the answer… is if I go with my gut and push, does Mike follow me into the pot for my 2300 when he has 5400. A little less than half his stack to go against 2 allin’s with 66…. I don’t know.



Just waiting for an all-in at this point… huntsvegas is to my right and makes it 700 to go, I instapush with AK and am instacalled with AK. Chop it up… what I wouldn’t give to have had AQ here.



Again, Just waiting to push and there are 2 all-ins ahead of me. I’m not strong with my K8 of clubs but I’m looking at 3:1 here… I lay it down. I woulda hit. So be it.



I get 99 2 hands later and put half my stack in with a pot bet… Mike_Maloney tries to knock me out with a reraise with his 55 but I hold off this 4:1 draw and double up. I’m pulling out of the hole Riggstad…hope you were your worst horse.



Get down to about 30 players and I’m still near the bottom… surviving all in’s w/o callers. Hit the 2nd break with just over 4k in chips…23 of 27 players though. Shocked I’m not at the bottom of the barrel. We’ll see.

WAIT....WHAT'S THIS??? IT'S 12:15am... WHAT'S THAT MEAN???

It's time for Comcast to shutdown my internet again. Down it goes and off I go to Iron Hill once again. I was able to make it there rather quickly and I'm assuming the RNG on FT noticed what happened to me again and felt bad... when I got back, I couldn't lose.
I doubled up with Q hi, pulled two runner runners after getting all in with the best 1 out of 2 times... next thing I know. I'm 3/19. I don't have pics because the comfort of my Durango isn't becoming for copying/pasting/saving hand histories. I don't have a runninng program that records all my hands, so If I don't get the pic from the Hand History before the table closes... I don't get it. I do have a terrible pic of my truck outside of Iron Hill.. you can see the fermenting kegs through the windows (Iron Hill is a micro-brewery for those that don't know). It's not worth putting up here cuz it's too dark. I guess I have to go thank them again for the use of their internet with lunch over there.

Thanks to Riggstad for his belief in the LuckTruck and picking me as a horse... I did well for his squad but I needed to pull off a victory and hope that Kajagugu got knocked out early in the money.

That didn't happen as Kaja and I went heads up for my tourney life with 9 players left. My 77 didn't hold up against Kaja's AdKd. Gutshotting broadway was a devilish way to take me out... but any A or K and it was good as well. 4:1 going to the river... seems like a pattern with me.
Good game to all. See ya in the Riverchasers O.T. tonite for those that make it... I'm hoping Kaja gets the hook from his wife and I have a shot at player of the week. 6th of 78 and 9th of 117.. both first out at final table. Both times Kaja finished ahead of me.

Buena suerte a mi.




1 comment:

KajaPoker said...

I just found your blog? Damn it reads almost like mine. LOL.

Great job this week. I mean, three final tables in a row and a win to top it off. Very well deserved. I hope you do some damage this Sunday in the 1M guaranteed.

I actually had a spreadsheet going with all the chasers who could possibly overtake me and you were the last one standing. TwoBlackAces could have taken any of the first 7 places to beat me and dnasty any top 3. But you had to go all. the. way?

Congrats again and I look forward to cracking your aces next week :-)