Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Monday Night Football... ehh...not so good.

MNF or the MATH?

Monday Nite Football....Ravens...Steelers...not the matchup I'm really wanting to go out and drop 25 bucks at the bar for... Although I would really like to go meet up with them to brag about the 6-2 Lions. How does a second rate starter end up in Detroit and begin talking shit about winning 10 games this year. Yeah, Detroit has had some stellar recruiting/drafting in the past 3 years... but injuries to the best up and coming receiving core in the league have thrown them under the bus after week 3. Now, Kitna is 6 and 2 after routing the Broncos and going into a struggling Arizona squad (don't let that mean anything though... Eagles ate up the Lions in Philly and look at them).

MNF or the MATH is still the decision to be had, but after looking at the first quarter stats and Ravens have 3 turnovers already... plus I already have my Token for the tourney... decision is easy.

I was ecstatic to find out that the MATH was a 6handed tourney. Creates a lot more action for the obvious reasons and works a little better into my style of play. After about 15 minutes into the MATH... this happens


BEEP BEEP.






When your password is hammer... the wheel of fate isn't rolling in your direction.

Moved up early in the action by outkicking Hoy with trip aces, but lost that back pretty quick to Wadzilla and his cheering section when my JJ was outflopped with Wad's JackAce.

Near the first break Loretta8 was moved over to my right. Now, for those of you that haven't heard my Loretta story... we were in the Mookie last week and he was moved to my table near the middle of the tourney. He had about 6500 in chips to my 20k (I think I was in the top 5 or 6 at the time). He pushes all in 3 hands in a row and won the antes and blinds each time. This put him up to about 9200ish. The very next hand I'm 2nd to act with pocket tens and I raise up 4x. All folds around to Loretta who pushes all in again. I make the call and he silently turns over QQ and rakes half my stack.

I mean... come on. That's just not supposed to happen like that. Right now, in the MATH he has raised up the last 4 hands in a row. My luck I'll peek down at KK and be dominated again. (Please don't let me lose like that again).

I hit the break with about 3400 in chips... nothing to Blog about, but it's where I was. 33/52.

Now for dinner. Hot soup with crackers. Almost left it burning on the stove after the break ended. Looked down at QQ. Wad raises up UTG and is flatcalled by TripJax to his left. Action around to me and I push the stack, hoping one of the two has a lower pair and will call or at worst I'm racing against AK. Not the case. Wad moves in with AA and Trip folds away.

BEEP BEEP.



Not too long after, I remember my soup on the stove. While I was scraping the chicken off the bottom of the pot I see that Wad got his chips right back with KK this time vs QQ (coincidentally vs Loretta8).

Tourney started moving pretty fast. Blinds were up to 100/200 and it seemed closer and closer to limp or all in. I ran hot with 3 hands in a row. Raised with AJ and won the blinds. Raised with KQ on the button, 1 caller, flopped Q66. Next hand AQ I raise up with 1 caller. Flop KQx. turnK. River A. No flush for TripJax and my aces and kings were good. Put me close to 11k in just 3 hands.

So then.. .I'm moving along smoothly, up to about 17K... 20 players left... i'm in 4th place... and my window goes cold... youknow... kind of looks like it's freezing because another program is loading....

No, that's not it. My modem has 2 blinking lights. normally... it has 8.
Comcast Cable decided that no one needed cable after midnight in my neighborhood and shut it down to do maintenance. I waited a few minutes before I made my decision to jump in the Durango.

I live 2 seconds from a restaurant that I know has free WiFi... so I rolled up to the side door and logged back in. I was smart enough to grab my power cable as well on the way out the door. So I can survive in the truck until the end of the tourney.

I went from 4th of 20 to 11th of 12. I lost about 6k in the mad dash over there. Now I sit 9th of 10 and PirateLawyer is sucking out to stay alive. He just missed his straight draw and we're on the bubble.

I get BIG CARDS. KK vs AJ... needed to 4flush the river to stay alive, but best hand won. QQ vs J10 against cmitch again. Get up to 50k... 2k behind the chip leader.

Everyone plays tight/all in while on the bubble. Riggstad gets unlucky and wheels his 99 into 1010. He's down to 4k and doubles up twice to get back into 4th place while we are still on the bubble.

Twice we get to hand for hand dealing and we are the short table. This means we pay more blinds per hand and get less in the pot for antes. No fun, but luck of the draw I guess. Riggstad pulled a lucky one out and was moved off our table right before this happened.

We get down to 8 players and it is a battle 3 handed at our table. Props to NumbBono and Kajagugu for a tough table. I bust out 6th after my internet connection goes slow on my in the parking lot (i know... shocker). I was moving my mouse to hit raise with suited A4 and the screen freezes on me and it doesn't take my little raise, it instead raises half my stack. I get put all in and I know I'm dead... I lay it down and leave myself with 10k.
A few hands later I look down at A6 of spades UTG... not the best position but 6 handed and lowstack... it was time to move. Get picked off by AK as I should have and gg Japan. Not too shabby for dumping 2/5 of the stack to Comcast.

1 comment:

corron10 said...

you know you love it. you blogger.
congrats on the FT's this week.

player of the week????

see you tonite good luck.