Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big Game live blogging

This is my first attempt at live blogging... at it's going to be extra difficult as I am hosting a live Riverchasers Poker Tour tournament right now.

What a great start... 4 hands into the tournament I get a great SB hand... QQ. (unsuited).

TwoBlackAces does a pot raise in MP to 105. I reraise up to 320 with just the hope that the hand gets over with. The last Big Game I played I ran my KK into AA and couldn't let it go and busted pretty early. TBA reraises me to 1k total and I debate just letting it go and seeing the next hand. My devil on my shoulder tells me to call and the board is 10 hi. I check, TBA bets 1750 into the 2200 pot and I lay down... weeeee... didn't go broke. As long as TBA wasn't pushing the hammer, it was a good laydown.





Not too long after, I pick up a nut flush draw and make some strategic bets. Cmitch smooth calls on top pair and I get to my ace... but I really wish the spade came because Peacecorn woulda made the 2nd nuts and I double up. Alas... no spade, but it's a win.





At the break I'm barely ahead of my starting stack... thanks to RPT for not letting me bluff off my stack so far and keeping me busy running the tournament here. I am sitting ok and the chip leader is only holding 12K... so a dbl up and I'm in the top 5.






So much for my PP's in this event again. I get a crowd around me trying to watch me play and I can't let this one go. I figured it was 99 or 66 after the call on the turn. But can I slow down on the river... NOOOOOO.... .... ... I'm an idiot.



NH there cmitch... I couldn't throw out a reraise with the 2 callers to your UTG raise. I guess I should have in this instance.



So, I go back to work. At least my shift covers my buy-in for the night and prior to the event I was able to win my token for the MATH tomorrow... if I decide to play.



With a few minutes left before the 2nd break, 3 tables left, 3 of the top 4 players (cmitch, OtisDart, and HighOnPoker) are all sitting at the same table within 4 seats of eachother.



Otis takes out XxMagicianxX with a big AK vs AQ, all in preflop and moves into 2nd in chips behind Cmitch.





We get to the next break and Otis had pulled slightly ahead of cmitch, but well ahead the rest of the field at this point. There are 25 players left and the top 6 get paid



At the start, this is what the tables looked like.








TwoBlackAces gets a big double up at the final two tables.






Three hands later the AK comes up big again for TBA against our host MiamiDon




Riggstad makes his exit pretty quietly with his 101o vs A10. That'll teach him to play his PP vs one over card. This puts OtisDart in the chiplead by a pretty large stretch.




Smizmiatch gets some live cards against VinNay's big slick and doubles up to aprox 20k.






Smizmiatch gets another huge hand against Lucko21. Lucko was probably making a move that only QQ or better could call... unfortunately, that was the case. gg lucko.




In an interesting turn, Otis was bumped over to smizmiatch's table, putting chipleader 1 and 2 at the same table again. YAY randomness on FTP.



Beep Beep comes around as Zeem rips through Otis's pocketrockets. Big hand for Zeem as on the other table NewinNov busted on the final table bubble.




The final table players start busting out at an incredible speed. At 12:32am, this was the scene






At 12:35am, this was the scene.


twoblackaces pushed AK against VinNay's QQ and Vin hit the Q on the flop.
Zeem's AQ couldn't pull out a miracle vs emptymans AK.
The next hand, TheCloserX5 had Ah3h vs the 44 of VinNay which held the whole way.
Cmitch pushed A7 against Vin's KK and never caught up and busted out 6th.

Sadly, I have to leave the bar as it's closing up. My tourney is over here and I gotta head home... I would love to finish this up, but I'm sure our host will have the wrapup. Best of luck to everyone still in!


BeepBeep.

--UPDATE - Final standings - GG VinNay




No comments: