Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No Skillz to pay the Billz

Alright... can we quit it with the BOOOOOM every 4 hands. Once a tourney... maybe... but jesus it should be used like the Macarena now -you're only allowed to do it if you are a female, 16 years old, and at a wedding.

I blame myself mostly for it... it was my friends and I that did it in our heated battles over Super Mario Kart and 4-player Tetris…and I brought it to poker and to someone who can sell ice to an Eskimo... all facts.

I have no shot at the Skillz series tonite on FullTilt in the BBT3. If you are reading my post, I have no need to describe it in further detail or link to it. My goal was to start playing every event in April with the hopes of grinding out points to backdoor my ass into one of the 2k WSOP seats for having the most points. Hopefully, somewhere along the way I'll fall ass backwards into a win as well... but it ain't easy being me.

The RNG hates me already, and now you add a game where no matter how much I put someone up against the wall... they can 4 out themselves to win half my pot. I'm not naming names here... but when you get 3 bet preflop and you are holding KK77... and you miss the flop and the turn and you are still just holding KK in H/L... go the F away. Are you seriously praying for a 4 outter for HALF THE POT? SAVE YOUR BET. sheesh. I guess they don't teach FOLDING when you are dominated as part of a Skill.

At the first break I'm just over even but if it wasn't for a 4 and 8 outter I'd be near 6k... so be it. Blinds are up so now I can just get all my bets in good and get 2 outted for all my loot... standard operating procedure for me.

I've played a good handful of blogger events, mostly in the BBT2, and there are less than a finger full who can say that when the money went in that I was dead to rights... unless of course the obvious of being extremely short stacked and have to push a.t.c.

Sadly, it's not the bloggers that get me... it's the Riverchasers (tm) players... none of them ever believe I have a hand yet when I get their backs to the wall... I'm the one who ends up with the swirly.

I got halfway thru the Skillz tonite ... pretty much blinded out before the 2nd break. I wasn't going to sit on 3k and see how long it'd last me. I made a push with a suited midPP with a min-wrap. Flopped top pair and still had my overpair…ran into a good drawing hand and was outdrawn. So be it. If you have nothing else to do but rail my table and cheer on the opponents after I go busto, then you need to find a life... one w/o possible jail time for fraud and grand larceny. Just remember, I have nothing to hide.

But on a better note, I think I’m going to start stealing another blogger’s idea… forgive me as I can’t seem to recall who was doing it… but I just picked up a Wii and I think I’m going to be playing it during the breaks. I’m obviously not doing much wrong with the poker.. money is going in good but the hands just aren’t holding. So I figure I’ll just keep my mind busy with other things to distract me from what would normally end up as a horrible chain of events à get 2 outted, tossing the laptop, removing it from the wall and cleaning up the LCD screen from the floor, patching the hole in the wall and repainting, replacing the LCD once it’s shipped from DELL. Oh yeah… add in the part where I pray that my laptop turns back on.. yeah.. that’s a lot of Hail Mary’s.

Things to remember: Say no to Boom. Don’t steal. Folding is a skill. There’s no prayer in poker, God doesn’t want you to win the hand more than your opponent.

Beep beep.

4 comments:

smokkee said...

funny thing is i actually do better in the RC than the mOOk.

there are more donkeys who have reasoning behind their donk moves in the mOOk but, in the RC they just luv to call or minreraise which really tells them nothing.

Riggstad said...

Dude...

Get over yourself

BOOMING was something EVERYONE was doing while you were still buyin school lunches

and I'll tell you when we'll stop booming :)

Riggstad said...

now keep blogging so you can get some Bodog monies...

Once a month wont cut it :)

KajaPoker said...

BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

Welcome back brotha!

BADABOOOOM!!!!