Wednesday, April 30, 2008

chocolate and peanut butter.

A) Christmas
B) Spring Break
C) Playoffs!!

The answer... C) Playoffs.... Hockey playoffs to be specific.

The question was "What's your favorite time of the year?"

At least two games a night for the first two rounds. Back to back games, players fighting for their playoff lives, goalies standing on their head to make saves... just... good times all around.

ahem.. .go Detroit...

Add the BBT3... and you have chocolate and peanut butter. My nights have been busy in April and my cards have been cold for '08 so I haven't seen many tournaments in the BBT3 yet.. but the ones I have seen I have played well but I just can't seem to win a race for the life of me. Not that I'm counting, but I am... 0 and 6 in my last 6 coin flips. Yes... variance, yo comprendo. But it is so 'effin frustrating. I made the mistake of selling off the majority of my bankroll because I was running well at the end of 07, and the turn of the year has turned the tables. I'm now buying back some of what I sold off (luckily I have people who owe me money, so it's no out-of-pocket cash, but its money I'm buying back nonetheless).

I am hoping tonite is when FTP changes their decks... shuffles once more before dealing the cards... whatever they need to do to give me the 3 out of 6 coinflips that I should be winning.

Oh, here's another one that astonishes me... I have played maybe 150 hands up to this point in the tourney, of which 18 of them were Big Blinds... I go 17 of them with no cards and all raises ahead of me... then on the 18th I got the b!tches (QQ) and i get an 'effin WALK!!?!?!?!

Ok... so I just won a flip... for no money. My A8 vs lowstacks 33. 1 for 7 now... I'm still owed the next 5 in a row... I hope FTP is keeping count like I am... if so, I have a shot to win this biznatch.

I'll be back later after the tourney is over to update my final hand/status.

Good show on BuddyDankRadio again.. best of luck to them at The Borgata and their live broadcast... I'll be listening. Congrats to Waffles for his April Top Pt Earner and his $2K WSOP buy-in. I'll be reloading and hopefully making my push in May.

See ya'll out there.

BeepBeep

----------------------------

Update

Won another race prior to the break, lost one following the break... sitting at 5k and shortstack at the table, blinds 250/500 with ante 50. I wasn't going to fold my way out of the tourney...

99 UTG just after a big hand between two other players, I figure I won't get any action with a raise... so I raise half my stack... get reraised and I click the "Call" button when it's my turn... they table AK off, flop A.. gg me.

Finished 21 out of 105... top 18 make money, top 4 make real money... 7th and 21st really feel the same to me... such is the life on the coinflip.

I might make that my next post... "Life on the Coin"...
Beep Beep

No comments: