Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another typical day in the life of the Truck...

$20 knockout tourney, $5 for the knockout...

about halfway thru, i'm on the little with a small stack, but not short stack. UTG limps in, yes.. the UTG limps in (HINT, REMEMBER THIS PLAY)..

A few limps all around to me, I peek at KQ off, limp in myself. BB checks.

Flop KJ4 rainbow. I go all in for 1650. Blinds were 120/240 I think, with 5 total limpers, pot was around 1200 before my push...

BB folds, UTG flat calls (with about 1300 behind after the 1700 call) the rest fold.

I turn over, he turns over J8. Another player immediately says "I folded J8"...

Turn brick, river Jack.

Super.

A limp UTG with J8 and then a call for more than half your stack with mid pair no kicker...

what could he possibly have me on and thought he was ahead? Hell... forget being ahead.. what could he possibly have me on and think the money was right?

f'idiots.

4 comments:

Riggstad said...

i sort of remember that hand from the bar, but the only thing I really remember, and am still traumatized by is the 2 girls and a cup viewing...

Haven't been right since that night!

snakster said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one to whom these things happen. GL in the Aussie freeroll.

KajaPoker said...

happens all the time. all you can do is be happy that you were ahead when the money went in. ahead, pot odds, implied odds, any odds.

After playing my turbo SNGs I have come to accept any two cards by anyone. I really don't get mad any more.

Good luck tonight Luck Patrol! If I crack your Aces with 89s don't get mad :-)

smokkee said...

Bayne stacked me at a cash game in Vegas calling a 6x pf raise on the button with J8 sOOted.

GL in the TOC.