Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I sat down at my first blogger event since the Aussie Millions Final Tournament. I took a little break from MTT play and stuck with sit and go's to rebuild my bankroll after x-fering most of my loot to other players throughout the holidays. Apparently the holiday tables were not good to the players that I x-fered to. I can't tell people enough to stop playing with their whole roll. I always refer to the Ferguson challenge when I talk about bankroll management.... he's the living proof that brains prevail over poker skill.

The Mookie kicked off with 65 players and I played nothing for about 45 minutes. I got dealt the hammer and decided to have some fun considering nothing else was entertaining me. I raise up 4x in 2nd position and get 1 call from the SB. Flop 862. I pair up and can't imagine that the SB would have hit the 6 or 8. He leads out with a pot bet and I try a steal with a 2.5 raise... representing an overpair (or better than top pair at least). He calls the raise and 9 hits the turn. He checks and I put half of my remaining stack in, about 1100. He pushes all in.
---- I think about it. I'm open ended for the straight and have bottom pair. If I consider all my outs live, I'm looking at 8 for the straight and 5 for 2 pair... gives me 13... 26%... yet I am getting 4.5 to 1 for my all in. ---- normally, I'm not one to count my outs vs my odds in a tourney, considering that having right odds and losing means gg japan. I consider how the tourney went so far and figure that I'm not going to build my empire with 1k.. I just didn't have the patience tonite to do that. I call, I hit the straight, double up and go from there. I wanted to at least get yelled at for the play but the table broke immediately after the hand... I'm sure I am getting yelled at in a blog right now anyway.

Sit around the 6 k most of the mid parts of the tourney.

Got another all in double up when the flop comes KJ7... and I was holding KJ... player continuation bets and I push all in and he calls with A9... I didn't see the call coming with something like that considering how few few few hands I was playing.

I get another almost double up when I limp in the SB with QQ, I get reraised preflop by the BB up to 1800ish... i re-pot up to 56ooish and get flat called... yet he only had 8k total. He left himself with 2600 after the call. Flop comes 9 hi, I push all in and he folds.

Interesting.

Very interesting.

So I scoop 5600 w/o having to show the ladies.

The rest is kind of up and down without much to talk about... throughout the tourney I had AA and JJ twice with no action preflop. I got walked with AA once... just sick... nobody even attempted to steal THAT blind, yet they wanted all my other ones.

I am sitting 4/12 and 5/12 for a while when play stalls down as we get near the bubble. Top 8 get paid... time to watch the pushers push and the folders fold. I'll do my fair share to make sure I don't get chip-raped during the all-in or fold period.

We get to hand for hand it action slows down... I get involved in one hand all in... I'm in the BB with Ad7d and flop comes AKsomething.. all spades... I push, he calls with the Klan... nh.

I buy some hands with an ace here and an ace there, but just do my part to not run into a monster. We get to final table and a few hands in we lose the bubble. Into the money we go and I get A9 and AJ a few hands off eachother, A9 gets no action on an all in and I raise up my AJ, get pushed on and call and wwonka has A9. No luck for him, I double up.


So, we push and pull our way. We get down to 4 handed and I was short stack with 22K vs 57/59/60k... they were playing super tight to not lose position, so I pushed. With 6K up for grabs for the steal, I figure if I can get 2 in a row, that'll get me closer to them and unless they wake up huge, I get away scott-free.


I steal the 2 in a row and wake up to AK hearts on the 3rd hand. I get a raiser in front and I push again to make it look weak with 3 pushes in a row. He laid down. I didn't want that.


We move around some more and I gather more chips and within moments we go from 4 to 2.


Heads up, myself vs Cmitch, he is to my left and we are even in chips, both close to 95k. I get the upper hand early with a few Aces. About 5 or 6 hands in to heads-up, I get in with J7o. Flop was 5h7h9x. Cmitch bets, I raise, he pushes all in, and I make the call and have him covered. He turns over 10h6h. Gutshot str8 draw, flush draw, 1over card. He's a 55:45 favorite here.

10x hits the turn and I blank the river.


I go down huge but get right back in it with a monster flop of quad 7s. I check it to his two pair. he turns a str8 draw and pushes and I make the call with the nuts.


We get back to even and do it again. I get up early with some face card steals and we get into another big hand. I have J6 when the flop comes 10s10s4s. I check, he bets, I call. At this point I put him on the 4. I turn my 6 and it kills me. We get all the money in and he shows his trip 10s. Well played. He bet the big hand and I got an unlucky turn when I paired my card.


He goes up big again and the very next hand I have KK and he pushes all in on the SB. I immediately call and he shows J6. Flop A810. He needs runnerrunner to get there.


He gets there.


J turn, J river.


BOOOOM


I'll take it... 2nd place after I lost the flip with his drawing hand.


gg Cmitch


Beep Beep.

3 comments:

cmitch said...

GG - Well Played. I definitely won the races when it counted at the end.

RaisingCayne said...

Yeah, good game LuckTruck. Good times!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I enjoyed reading your recap. I love me some fucking honesty in a blog post once in a while instead of these dickadonks always saying how great they played and failing to mention whatever luck or bad decisions or draws they hit or whatever along the way.

Here's hoping you have some more nice wins soon to write more posts like this about.